Why is a Professional Greeting Important?
Even when you can’t get to the phone you’re able to give your callers a strong impression of who you and your business are. With a strong professional voicemail greeting, you’re able to leave your callers feeling satisfied and informed on what they can expect from your business in the future.
On the flip side, a poorly constructed voicemail greeting can actually do some harm with your callers. You don’t want to leave your callers feeling like they are leaving a message that will never be heard, or frustrated because they don’t know why their call wasn’t answered.
Using a professional business voicemail system can help you take your voicemail greeting to the next level. You can create a customizable voicemail greeting as well as access other voicemail features such as voicemail transcriptions and office hours.
The combination of a professional message and a robust phone system with advanced voicemail capabilities can help you set your business apart.
Voicemail Greeting Outline
All professional voicemail messages should have the following elements included. The order can be switched around based off of the rest of your message, but including these elements will help with the effectiveness of your overall voicemail greeting.
- General business information such as your company name and typical operating hours
- A form of “thank you for calling”, and an apology for missing their call
- Any specific information needed in the message
- What your business’ next steps will be
Voicemail Greeting Examples:
To help you get started we wanted to provide you with some high quality voicemail greeting examples. You can use these as templates, and customize them for your business.
- “Hello and thank you for calling! While you’ve called between our normal business hours of [insert timeframe], you’ve reached the voicemail of [your business name] meaning that we are unable to take your call at this time. Your call is valued, so leave your name and number we will promptly call you back.”
- “Thank you for calling [your business name]. We were unable to answer the phone, as it is outside of our normal business hours of [insert timeframe]. Please include your account number, as well as your name and phone number in your message. If there is a best time to reach you then you can include that additional information in your message as well.”
- “Hello, we appreciate you calling us at [insert business name]. Please visit our website [insert website name] if you need information on [insert common call topic that is answered via website]. If you’d like to speak to a team member, please leave your name, number, and reason for calling and one of our team members will give you a call back between [insert business hours].
- Thank you for calling us at [your business name]. For questions about [insert question topic], please visit our website where our live chat can assist you. For all other questions, please feel free to call back between [insert business hours] or leave a message including your name, number, and the best time to call you back.
- You’ve reached [insert name and title] at [insert business]. I’m unable to take your call at this moment. If you’ll leave me your contact information and a brief message, I’ll be happy to return your call and assist you with [insert call to action].
In the end…
We hope you feel better prepared to tackle your voicemail greeting. For an enhanced voicemail experience and capabilities, take advantage of Yodel’s free trial to see the benefits for yourself.